- Choose a directory to hold the sources for the dynamic web site project.
- Edit a mlt.conf file in that directory to set project options, including which SML/NJ CM libraries to use, where to put some generated SML sources and binary files, and where to publish the actual CGI scripts.
- Create a set of Standard ML support files.
- Create a set of templates with .mlt filename extensions. Each page.mlt will become a CGI script named page, and they may interact with libraries and project SML sources.
- Run the mlt command-line program with no arguments.
- If it reports any errors, correct them and repeat the last step.
- Access your site from the base URL corresponding to the directory you chose for script output. (Probably a ``cgi-bin'' directory of some sort)